Course Title: First Aid
100% classroom training means students are with an AHA instructor for their entire learning experience.
Heartsaver® First Aid is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
Course Title: First Aid Only
(online blended training also available for this class)
Course Description: First Aid for adults, children and infants. First Aid topics are: Basics, Medical, Injury and Environmental Emergencies. This is a standalone course, or it can be taken with the CPR/AED training as well.
Cost: $85 per person (email us for group pricing)
Duration: 3 hours
Certification Card: Issued upon completion and valid for two years
Q: Do I have to make sure that someone trained in first-aid trained is available?
A: Yes, all employers in Washington must have either first aid trained personnel at their worksite or immediate access to a health care service.
WAC 296-800-150 (62 KB PDF) First Aid — Safety and Health Core Rules. No doubt your employees are your most valuable part of your company and protecting them on the work place just makes sense.
For this reason, the First Aid course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
After completing this course, students will be able to
- First and foremost, List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- As well as describe the key steps in first aid
- Additionally, be able to remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries and comparatively illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
*Child and infant modules are optional.
Find a class on our HOME CALENDAR for training in our office, but we also TRAVEL TO YOU. CPR Seattle offers training at your location, any day, any time, with only a 4 person minimum.